Popular Posts

Thursday, April 17, 2008





My daughter and I have watched all 7 seasons and re-visited them on dvd from netflix. We are sorry to see the end of the series but have hope that either a movie special or a re-opening of the series happens. Hopeful romantics, thats us!



The series brought tears, laughs, smiles, questions. I guess we can all identify with parts of characters in the show, and those of us with teenage daughters can picture ourselves as both the MOTHER and the DAUGHTER. Maybe that is why I was so riveted. I know at the beginning, when my daughter stumbled across the show, I was a bit skeptical because I felt the last of the truly blessed writers for television was gone. Boy, was I wrong! Hopefully, Amy Sherman-Palladino will write more for us to enjoy?!?



While the last episode was good and ended happily, and you can draw the conclusion from the show just how Luke and Lorelai would continue their relationship from the last show, it would still feel more 'complete' for me if there was a continuation or a movie special. You know, a 2-hour movie special. Re-opening the series would be fantastic, but we all know that probably would never happen. Don't know of a series in the history of television that this happened, so I would 'settle' (and I use that word loosely) for a movie special.

No comments: